Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Red Rose For Her Birthday - . a mother and child on the street

A pretty young girl sat on her mothers lap smiling at the silly man who was walking by wearing a hat. Painted purple with shooting stars of yellow light her dress was all crunched up into her make shift throne.

Curls filled her head , golden brown. Spinning curls going every where. Her voice was quiet but I could hear her song, a sweet , sweet melody that rhymed like a poem.

The little girl hummed and looked and giggled some more.
Then her mother grabbed her and pulled her in very close, as if to guard her from something wrong. The curls shielded the mother, so it was very hard to see all the sadness ,tears and pain life had painted on the mother's face. She was shielded by an angel who hummed a sweet sweet song .

On the ground, next to their feet ,was sign that read , " Please I have here before you the best I could ever be .This shining angel is God's punishment given to me. This shining angel, she should have so much more. Instead she has me ; a broken down tired old whore. "

"Please I ask not a cent for me.You see, its her birthday: that is why she's dressed so happy and why she wears her pretty little crown. No not a cent for me dear sirs but for my angel ray, who all she wants ,all she prays , is for a red rose on her special day.

MCV