Friday, March 17, 2017

HappPy As

Happy​ ​as … Dancing with you in  ​the​ ​moonlight
​Counting​ ​clouds​ ​singing Blinded​ ​By​ ​the​ ​Light​
Skipping ​ ​an-uh  ​jumping in​ ​the​ ​raindrops​
making​ ​promises​ ​that​ ​we​ ​won't​ ​stop

Happy​ ​as …The​ ​first​ ​day​ ​of​ ​school​ ​
watching​ ​all​ ​the​ ​kids​ ​​ ​play​ ​it​ ​​ ​cool
The smell of  brand​ ​new​ ​sneakers​ in the air
P.K. ​Flyers​ ​make you​ run faster and  ​jump​ ​high-er ​

Crisp​ ​fall​ ​air​ chills​ ​the​ ​bones​ ​just​ ​so right ​​
Monica​ Powell you ​​sure look nice

Happy as ... ​Nuns​ ​are​ ​crazy​ I know
​I've​ ​been​ ​schooled​
Pray​ ​five​ ​Hail​ ​​ ​Mary's​, four​ ​Our​ ​Father’s​ ​
and​ ​get​ ​to​ ​know​ ​your​ ​beatitudes

Sister​ ​Mary​ ​Rita​ ​Aquinas​ ​​ racist  ​nickel stealing​
knuckle​ ​ruler​ ​slapping​ ​faceless​ ​​ ​stone​ ​in​ ​black​ ​and​ ​white
 
​Give​ ​you a​ ​nickel​ ​for​ ​every four​ ​letter​ ​word​ ​that​ ​breaks​ ​my
​Catholic​ ​School​ ​going​ ​lips

​Well​ ​here​ ​is​ ​a​ ​dollar​
kiss​ ​my​ ​ass​ ​​ 33  times  ​and​
​Keep​ ​the​ ​change

Happy as...
​Laughing​ ​all​ ​the​ ​way​ ​to​ the ​principal's​ ​office

Good​ ​morning​ ​Father Joe 
Good​ ​morning​ ​Sister​ ​Catherine​
Thank​ ​you​ ​for​ ​being​ ​so​ ​good

Happy​ ​as ... 583​ ​Uniondale​ ​Avenue Frank's​ ​Pizza.​ ​​
​The​ ​best​ ​pizza​ ​in​ ​the​ ​world, ​No​ ​the​ ​UNIVERSE

ExtraCHeese Crispy​Crust​ DRIPping​Oil 55​Cent​ ​Hit​The​​Spot Hit​-me​-Dos
 ​Eat​ ​​ ​strategically 
Bite ​from side​ ​to​ ​side​ ​​  
Crust
​ ​then​ ​Top​ ​
then​ Top​
​then​ Crust​
​​​leave​ ​the​ ​middle​ ​for​ ​the​ ​last

Frank​ ​where​ ​have you​ ​gone?​
A​ ​pupuseria​bodega​charlatan​ ​has​ ​taken​ ​your​ ​space​ ​
but​ ​not​ ​your​ ​spot
You​ ​ruined​ ​all my​ ​pizzas ​since​ ​you​ ​stopped

Happy​ ​As …
Snow​ ​falling​ ​in​ ​the​ ​middle​ ​of​ ​the​ ​night
silence​ ​as​ ​I​ ​shove​ ​the​ ​mounds​ ​from​ ​side​ ​to​ ​side

Crispy chilly​ ​​ ​conversations​ ​with​ ​the​ ​sky  ​singing​ ​Domino out loud​
​​ ​O-O​ ​​ ​Domino​,  (TRUMPETS ) ​(bada bada ba ) roll​ ​me​ ​over​ ​Romeo​ ​....
Lord  have​ ​mercy ..  ooOO DOmiNO just give me some of those rhythm and blues
Van​ ​Morrison​ ​you​ ​Irish​ ​Rock​ ​n​ ​Roll​ ​god ​how​ ​do​ ​you​ ​know​ ​what​ ​I​ ​want​ ​to​ ​say​ ​or​ ​how I​ ​feel    Scribe to my soul ​Sláinte​ my​ ​brother       Sláinte
​Translation to all my non drinking Irish deprived brethren  DRINK

Both​ ​my​ ​girls​ ​sleep​ ​warm​ ​tonight

Happy​ ​As…
When​ ​I​ ​held​ ​her​ ​tight  ​her​ ​hand​ ​so​ ​small​ ​was​ ​​ ​all​ ​inside​ ​of​ ​mine ​I​ ​hummed​ ​a​ ​lullaby for our  first stroll

Happy​ ​as …our first night she​ ​was​ ​wrapped​ ​so​ ​tight  ​sneak​ ​a​ ​peek​ ​from​ ​those​ ​wondering​ ​eyes ​stole​ ​my heart​ ​and​ ​changed​ ​my​ ​life​ ​​ ​March​ ​21​ ​1995.
​​ ​
China​ ​doll​ ​face almond​ ​colored​ ​eyes​ ​​hair​ ​as​ ​black as​ ​night​ alligator​ ​tears endless ​ ​hugs​ ​and​ ​the​ sweetest sweetest - sweetest ​smile
Thank​ ​you​ ​for​ ​the​ ​rock that​ ​says​ ​I​ ​am​ ​number​ ​one

Happy As…
Long distance calls to missing friends Endless funny talks about drinking beer smoking weed countless loves and endless dreams he said she said I did who did you did
nau
yhea    
 nau
The stories get longer   and better      as you get older

Happy​ ​As …
Finding the  moments that are magic
because they are not moments at all