Friday, July 9, 2010

You

Yesterday he wanted to thank me for
what I have given him but I told him
it wasn't me it was you .

Can't you see no matter what happens,
tomorrow will live because of you.

I am sad because I have to say good bye ,
but I'm  elated by the thought that I know
who you are. That you are part of  who
I am and that he is a part of both of us.

I love you more then these words  can know .
more than I know more then He will ever know.

I guess the best way to say it is that
yesterday,today and tomorrow is all  you,
the way I look at the sun  and the flowers,
the way  I plant a seed,
the way I phrase a word ,the timber of  my voice the color of what I see,
It is  in the  moments that I find beautiful , or when I am silent or brave  or happy or mad.
Its in the way I dream with the moon and cherish the stars and  feel the cold and the rain. Its in the way  I twitch when the first snow drops and shake when the first day of  fall gets cold.It's in the way I  show my love and hold my child. It s in   the way I embrace my brothers and sisters and  its in the way I say hello and fear good bye.
It s all you  and now its all me  and soon enough it will be all him.


( some last thoughts from a son to his mother)