Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Where is Marco ?



Where is Marco ?
"Zero latitude Zero minutes Zero Seconds
The middle of the world !!!
Where you can jump and touch the stars,
Where streets are paved of cobble stones
and songs of long ago serenade the air.
Where colorfully painted houses proudly adorn the streets .
and from their majestic balconies perfume the air with the scent of red gardenias
The house are tight ,no space between, each a labyrinth of court yards          
that flow deeper and deeper into mysterious halls protected by big wood doors and eyes of angels that follow you from
the stone built walls .Everywhere churches and squares where people meet.

Their skin rough from the cut of the wind and Carmel color from the
heat of the sun. Their dress, colorful and heavy to protect
them from the mountain air Men and women wear felt hats of different colors
to claim the province from where they come.
The women adorn their necks with gold beads ,that lay on embroidered white shirts.  A smile from them at times shows a missing tooth or a golden smile but they welcome you with a long lost look. These are the indigenous people who still protect the earth and worship the sun. These are the people that remind me of where I came from and where I come . I am in a place where men tip their hats and you kiss everyone hello. No one is a stranger and everyday brings hope.
I'm in a place where you never are alone because snow capped mountains cradle you and the blue sky caresses your soul. Once Incas walked these mountains , here was their kingdom Here is where my grandparents,my father ,my mother were born this is where I call home.
Quito Ecuador."